~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Journaling the Good & the Bad

Gosh, don't you hate having to physically memorialize your off days?

I've had some struggles this week. some days were great (at or below points goals) and some days sucked. Yesterday I went over by about 200 calories. I woke up ravenous, but have been trying to stay on.

But I'm writing it down. Every morsel, each ounce, all the points.

I've had two meals so far, and I've used up almost two-thirds of my caloric allowance without any snacks yet and without my last main meal. Hmmm. I need to be cautious of the rest of my food intake. Can we say salad?

Dinking my water. Check. Focusing on the goals. Check.

But, man, was it hard limiting myself to ONE meatball at lunch. The Italian market down the street makes the BEST, the BEST meatballs. In the past, I'd have two, sometimes three. But today... just one. And just one cup of pasta, instead of the my past usual three to FOUR or more.

Limitations suck. BUT...limitations will help me be healthier.

Are you food journaling? Just about every expert I've read say it's a very good idea, at least until you get down to maintenance. If you haven't--try it.

It's not easy, but it's eye-opening and, sometimes, it's motivational.

If only this was easier...

^

3 comments:

Daniele said...

I did the food journal for two weeks.It is HARD work. I agree with you. It keeps it real though, brings it home to you what you eat and how much you eat. But I just found it so time consuming. I may go back to it though, I still think it's necessary until I get the hang of things. I'm still struggeling a lot with portion size and weekends!
Well done for keeping the food diary!

Lora said...

You are so right about the journaling. It's amazin all those "lost" calories that come to light when we write them down.

Chubby Chick said...

I food journal with FitDay. And I love it! Some don't... but I do. It's really helped me to stay on track with my calories... and to just overall be more in touch with the kinds of foods I'm eating.