~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Amy's Kitchen Let Me Down

I recently placed an order with Amy's dot com. YOu know, the organic food company--frozen, canned, jarred. I saw something about them in Hungry Girl's newsletter. I'd never tried their soups or sauces, so I thought, why not. Convenient and organic.

Well, I got it today. Out of six cans of soup, five are dented. Most of those crushed so badly, I'd be afraid to consume the contents. The integrity of the can is surely compromised. I'm not talking about little dents. I'm talking about CRUSHED. Ever step on a can with your shoe to make "heels" when you were kids. Well, some of the cans look like someone tried to do that.

So, I basically wasted about fifteen bucks on food I can't eat now.

I sent Amy's my grievance via their website's contact us email doohickey. Whether they will do right by me (issue a credit for the five cans of soup or replace them), I dunno. But I wanted to warn you. DO NOT ORDER CANS from Amy's without requesting in the comments that they bubble-wrap each one before they put it in with the peanuts. The peanut-foamies alone don't cut it.

Well, that was a downer. And after such a nice morning and a great breakfast.

EDITED TO ADD: One of the usable cans was of the "Cream of Tomato" soup, the lower sodium version. I enjoyed a cup with a bit of brown rice and an orange for my afternoon snack. (3.5 points altogether). It had a nice flavor, not too creamy, and it reminded me of being a kid having hot tomato soup at Catholic School on cold days. Mmmm. I think they could go lower on the sodium, frankly. Even with this lower-sodium version, it tasted on the salty side. But thumbs up on the Amy's "Light in Sodium Cream of Tomato".
~

No comments: