~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, September 17, 2007

New Scale Adjustment Stress


Well, my lovely new, wide-platform, easy-to-see readout, memory-function, .2 pound increments scale is here. It feels really good and stable stepping on it, unlike my previous Tanita, which just was too narrow, high, and caused me to wobble.

I compared the numbers on the new scale to to my old scale (ie, went from one to the other), and, sadly, the new scale runs higher than the old.

Bummer.

I'm assuming the new scale is more accurate. Yeah, sure, I could assume the OLD scale was more accurate, but I wasn't feeling like PollyAnna today. I'm choosing to believe that the higher weight is my actual weight. (I could be wrong, and neither could be totally accurate, just sorta accurate, considering how finicky calibration issues are.)

But, since I love the comfort of the new one--lower to the ground, my middle-aged eyes can read it easily, and my fat feet and big girth aren't unstable on the wider and closer-to-the-ground platform--this is the one that will chart my weight loss journey for now. I'll live with the uptick in exchange for all the great benefits of my new Tanita.

Flexibility. Gotta get used to that.

Any of you one through the "new scale adjustment stress"?

1 comment:

Chubby Chick said...

Your new scale looks awesome! Good for you! I love new stuff! hehe