~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, September 24, 2007

Sparkly Factoid: The Good Diet Blues

Bring the color blue into your life more often. There’s a good reason you won’t see many fast-food restaurants decorated in blue: Believe it or not, the color blue functions as an appetite suppressant. So serve up dinner on blue plates, dress in blue while you eat, and cover your table with a blue tablecloth. Conversely, avoid red, yellow, and orange in your dining areas. Studies find they encourage eating.

--from Reader's Digest STEALTH HEALTH as quoted at AllRecipes.com

3 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Great. Just great. I have no blue in my house. lol My tablecloth and couch are both red. Perhaps this is the reason I am fat, eh? lol

*ccc* said...

Crud!

My dining room and living room walls are a lovely shade of orangey peach...with some fancy schmancy texturizing done by the previous owners.

My plates? MUSTARD YELLOW.

No wonder I'm fat! LOL!

Actually, let's look at the fast food logos around us...Golden Arches, check. Wendy's...yellow background, check. BK...orange and red.

Maybe there is something to that theory....veddy interesting!

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Ladies, it's time to invest in blue tableware and tablecloths. HAHAHA.

The Princess, who'se living space is mainly yellows and browns....