~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, September 14, 2007

Princess Pounds One Dragon Tonight


Well, hubby and I agreed to get Thai (delivered) for supper.

As I was checking the menu for the order, I felt that old, old urge to over-order. I stopped. Took a few breaths. Asked myself if I was in danger ordering.

Yes. The Overeating Ogre was knocking on my door. I thought about the facts: the restaurant portions are huge. Hubby and I do not like the same items. IT's not like we could share. I would, maybe, be too tempted to eat beyond a controlled portion.


I put down the menu. I decided no Thai delivery. Nope.

Hubby and I will make do with home-made, whole wheat pita pizza made with low-fat mozzarella. I can control the cheese on mine. I can control the size (one pita). I can add fruit and veggie to it. I can make iced tea. I can make some soup, if I need an extra bit of volume in the tummy.

Thai would have been delicious, yes, but Thai would have been, I'm sure, a mistake tonight. I was too ready to let the dragonfire consume me.

Princess gets this battle point.
~

4 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

Good for you for overcoming temptation!

Hubby and I never ordered Thai, but we used to get Chinese takeout alot. I would stuff myself with General Tsao's Chicken and steamed rice. And I could easily eat an entire order of crab rangoon on top of that! OMG... what was I thinking? Needless to say... we haven't ordered Chinese since I started on this "journey."

*ccc* said...

Your Highness...I am in AWE!

Good for you!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you... It's all about making the right choices, after all!
I managed to steer clear of the "try this" people in the supermarket yesterday. A mini-victory!

Chubby Chick said...

Hubby came home from work today and told me he had Thai for lunch. I immediately thought of you. lol :)