~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

DragonFire Factoid: Alli Equals Gross


Alli works by disabling lipase, which prevents the enzyme from breaking down the fat while it's in your digestive tract. The undigested fat continues through the intestines and is eliminated through bowel movements.

Alli is taken with fat-containing meals, up to three times a day. Because of how Alli works, it's recommended that you eat no more than 15 grams of fat with each meal. Eating higher amounts of fat can cause unwanted effects, such as urgent bowel movements, diarrhea and gas with oily spotting.

-- Donald Hensrud, M.D. in "Alli Weight Loss Pill: Does it Work?"

Translation: You will not only poop your pants, you will be really disgusting when you go to the bathroom, should you be fortunate enough to make it there in time. And you will be nasty on dates. Yes, you'll still have to watch your diet, anyway. I'd skip this icky medication and just watch the fat grams sans Alli. Unless you like fecal aversion therapy, then, hey, go right ahead and waste your money.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to seriously laugh at this post. Thanks I needed that. No really because at my annual check up with my regular MD, he told me not to waste my money (not that I ever dreamed of trying to lose weight by buying this stuff) because you will have fecal matter leaking out your rectum all day.

Even at my heaviest most desperate time I would never want to poo my pants with no control, helloooo I can wait until I'm 90 to wear protection for that!!!

Thanks for the great belly laugh!!
Sam