~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, October 15, 2007

Overeating Ogre: The Bocaditos Got Me!


Well, dang. After being so good for several days, the Overeating Ogre overpowered me this weekend. What the heck?

Yes, a family get-together sent me into a bingey tailspin.

Thing is, I planned for it. I froze bottles of various flavors of Crystal Light to drink, I made platters with Israeli salad and hummus and whole wheat pita.

But then I saw some traditional Cuban "event" foods that just harkened back to childhood, and I went to town. Mostly, the bocaditos did me in. It's these egg-bread mini-sandwhiches with a paste inside made from pork/ham/cheese/pimentos that even as a kid would send me into a feeding frenzy.

Well, I acted like I was 12 and fed away. Dang.

And the thing is, they weren't as good as the homemade ones by my mom or eldest sister (who made/make it with real pork and ham and cheese and not deviled ham spread or cheap stuff). But they had comfort food/nostalgia food all over them.

The salt and carbohydrate overload showed on the scale: 4.5 pounds up.

Yes, yes, I know. I didn't GAIN 4 lbs of fat (I think .5 pounds gained might be believable.) But I'm still bloated and ticked at myself, after doing so nicely for days.

Life goes on. "All is forgiven," says Our Lady of Weight Loss. "Move on, my child."

I'm moving on!

So, it's back to the hard work of NOT pigging out today.

BTW, thanks to all of you for celebrating my losses. Sorry to have let you--and me--down. But hey, it's a journey and there are potholes on the road.

I hope you all are doing WAY better than I did this weekend. :)
~

8 comments:

*ccc* said...

Aye, aye, aye...bocaditos.
Sigh. I know your pain...hang in there!

Heather said...

Dont worry, you didnt let anyone down, it happens to all of us. Those pounds will come right off because as you said, its not real fat. We all make mistakes, its how we pick ourselves up again, and it sounds like you are doing just that, so good for you.

Teale said...

You certainly haven't let anyone down. Life isn't always smooth sailing, but it's how we react to these setbacks that really make our character.

Daniele said...

You'll be right back on track I'm sure. We all have days (heck weeks!) like these and you try to move on and learn from it. That's the main thing. You didn't let anyone down!

The Fat Foreigner said...

pfsshhh, as if you could let us down. Onward and downward!

Diana Swallow said...

I'm up 3.8 this week but we move on and kick the weight off the ivory tower into the mote to be gobbled up by the awaiting alligators.

{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Next week will be better for both of us!

Chubby Chick said...

Yes, "all is forgiven" and we are "moving on!" I pigged out yesterday, so don't feel alone. We all have bad days. But the good news is... we're having a heck of a lot good days than bad! So hang in there. This is a lifestyle change, and overall we are definitely making more good choices than bad. :)

Chubby Chick said...

Oops... *more good days than bad