~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Scale Tale: The Viral Effect


Man, was I sick yesterday.

Not that I feel great today, but yesterday was horrible. During my grandniece's birthday party, I picked up the stomach bug that had afflicted my brother and his family. Result: Mucho diarrhea, nausea, headache, and very little eating.

Can we say GROSS?

The havoc shows on the scale:

What I weighed last weigh-in: 277
My weight the Monday after the party binge: 279.6

My weight today after the bug came to visit: 272.6

This is not the best way to make progress, though. I wouldn't recommend it. I had chills and my head still feels achey (but I dare not take anything for it).

I last ate at noon yesterday (which just came right out, if'n ya know what I mean). In a bit, I will attempt some breakfast and see if it'll stay put.

I figure I'm a little low on fluid, so once I rehydrate, that number's gonna bounce up. But, hey, the damage from the party has been negated by a nasty, little virus.

The Princess' pipes are REALLY clean!

Hope everyone has a great weigh-in for this week in the Look Great for 2008 Challenge.

9 comments:

Teale said...

A couple years ago when I was on WW, I had a very very sick week like this and dropped 12 pounds... It was hard to be happy about such a big loss when I felt so miserable though!

Diana Swallow said...

Hope you are feeling better soon
{{{{{HUGS}}}}}

Naturally Blessed said...

oh sweetie....i'm sorry that you dont feel well...yeah, thats not the optimal to lose it...but maybe some of it will stay off when you rehydrate.

Chubby Chick said...

Awww... I hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself! :)

Honi said...

ohh noo.. i sure hope you belly feels better now.. no fun to have that stomach bug.. YUCKK but hey.. a pound or 2 or 3 or 4.. hmmm hey wait.. u know.. kimkins and all.. lets start a website called.. U CAN LOOSE WITH THE SFLU.. lol kiddddding... seriously.. take care of yourself plenty of fluids.. a little toast etc..

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Would that be POOPKINS? hahaha

Thanks, Ladies. Today, my food seems to be staying put in my intestines. So, back to watching the calories.

The Princess

Heather said...

haha yeah its sad to say that you lost weight from diarrhea, but on the other hand, its still a loss! just push the water so your body doesnt go crazy due to dehydration and you will be good.

The Fat Foreigner said...

wow, even if you were sick 7lbs is nuts! I reckon some of it is 'real' loss though, so I'm going to say congratulations anyway :)

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

I am so sorry. Being sick is really not a fun way to lose. Hope you feel better soon!
Path to Health