~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Scale Tale: Rehydrated After Flu, Reclaimed Lost Ground, and Hunger

I wrote last week, with my very cool post-day-of-diarrhea weigh-in of 272.6: "I figure I'm a little low on fluid, so once I rehydrate, that number's gonna bounce up."

It did. The next day it was up. Rehydration showed up fast, then I stabilized at 275.6 or so. Then I gained with Saturday's bad choices, and Sunday and Monday's excess calories (though better choices).

But today is weigh-in day, and I ate well yesterday, if not totally at my diet caloric level. I went 5 points over my top allowance.

But it's not PMS week, so the bloat's not bad. Mr. Tanita Says:

275.6

That was my post-flu stabilization weight, which means I regained some ground lost over the Sat-thru-Monday, but I didn't really lose from where I was post-stomach flu.

I hope the hunger issue is calming down, whatever its cause. (I didn't feel as freaky mad growly hungry yesterday). I did drink my water before meals. I did have veggie juice before meals. I did write down every morsel and made myself accountable. I tried a new recipe (see below, the "cookie" one) to quell that hunger.

Today, I'm gonna get back on the affirmations wagon. I'd sort of slipped up after using it for a while (retraining my mental thoughts about healthy eating and portion control). Time to get that tool back in action.

How did you do with this week's weigh-in? Any special tools get you through tough spots? I've used water, gum, veggie juice, protein cookies. I think it kept me from going totally out of control. I really do.
~~
EDITED TO ADD: LizzyTish asked about the protein cookie and my veggie juice. Thought I'd answer HERE instead of in the comments: Lizzy, the recipe for the protein cookie is in yesterday's post below. Please check it out. As far as what I mean by veggie juice: I have two health food juice places nearby (this is an area with a lot of weight conscious rich folks --not me, mind you, just farther north and east of here), and I get fresh-squeezed veggie blends from both. They'll make it to order, or you get one of their specialties. I get the green veggie blends (parsley, cucumber, spinach, celery, lime juice, etc). They're fresh, full of enzymes, and I like the flavor. It's sort of like a green gazpacho drink. :) (I adore gazpacho!) I also like the fresh V-6 version that one makes, it has tomato and beets along with the green veggies. Fewer calories than fruit juice, easy on the stomach, and flavorful. Sort of like cold soup, really.

Oh, and if you have a juicer, you can easily make your own blend to taste.

Hope that answers your questions.

14 comments:

Elz said...

Protein cookies what are those? Can you give me a recipe for vegie juice? What is it supposed to do for you anyway? I have it in my diet book but the idea sounds awfull maybe i just need to know the righ combination of veg. You will start going back down again. Your still being good for the most part but sometimes your body stops with the weightloss for two weeks and then will start again. I always get in a funk when that happens and think well I'm not actually loosing weight so why be good. then i gain it all back plus 10 pounds. Keep thinking positive you will get there.

Mom said...

I am glad you are feeling better, being ill is the pits. I didn't gain or lose, but it's that horrible hormone time for me, I can't win this week, just trying to tread water.

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Treading water is okay, as long as it's not gaining.

And I'm fine with the gain, cause it's REALLY a loss. The false loss of last week was due to the diarrhea/virus. It was dehydration, essentially. :P

I could have lost more had I eaten perfectly, but the trajectory is still good. Whew.

Thanks, ladies.
The Princess

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Glad you are feeling better. Health is the important thing, not the number on the scale. Keep making healthy choices!
Path to Health

Living to Feel Good said...

When I am hungry, and need something between meals without calories I eat a cucumber with lime or lemon juice squeezed on it, and then that chili salt shakers you find in the produce section next to fruits and veggies. It's nice spicy VERY low calorie snack. :)

Heather said...

you are probably feeling really hungry after being so dehydrated and getting rid of everything you put in your body. that is kind of how I felt after I did the Take Off I wrote about. it shook my body up a bit and I felt hungry at wierd times. I am sure you will stabalize soon.

Some things you could try is switching up what you eat for meals. Eat larger meals at different times or split meals into even more little mini meals to get you through the hunger. have you tried sugar free jello? looove it and it has like nothing in it and its great when you have a craving to eat something.

Great job this week!

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear that you were sick, but I'm glad to hear that you were able to bounce back well. I wish you luck with your continuing weight loss, keep up the good work!

Grumpy Chair said...

Glad you are feeling better.

I'm gonna try that protein cookie, thanks for posting the recipe.

It has been hard getting back in gear this week - my son had a sleepover last Saturday night which meant pizza, chips, pop which I helped eat!

Lyn said...

I had a 5 or 6 pound gain when I was sick last month!! It took about a week for it to drop back off, but I am way past that now (to a lower number). You will be, too. Never give up!! :)

Chubby Chick said...

Princess, I just wanted to stop by and thank you SO much for the recent comments you left for me!!! I appreciate them SO much! Your encouraging and supportive words were just what I needed to hear. :)

We can do this!!! :)

Diana Swallow said...

Glad you are feeling better. Just keep making those healthy choices and the weight will regulate itself back down again!

*ccc* said...

Happy to read you're feeling better, your highness. The gang is right...once you get back on track and start eating healthy, all will be well.

Hang in there!

The Fat Foreigner said...

Hey, where are you? missing your cool posts.

Anonymous said...

Just keep plugging away. Just remember you have to switch your routine so your body does not get use to the same thing. Its the only way to keep your body moving forward.