~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Easy, Anti-Hunger Oatmeal "Cookie"

I was reading the latest NUTRITION magazine, fall 2007, and it had this little (really easy) recipe for Oatmeal Cookies provided by fitness model Maggie Diubaldo.

Well, I tried it today when I got the afternoon noshies. As I mentioned in an earlier post today, I've been feeling really hungry. This recipe included stuff I have on hand (oatmeal, PB, protein powder, cinnamon, Splenda), so I made it. Surprisingly, it was satisfying. I will add more Splenda next time.

Here is how I made it, which is slightly altered from the recipe, cause I don't make the special mixture the model does (something called "Maggie Love" which has cayenne pepper, cinnamon, and stevia, all to taste.) It's ready in 10 minutes, and it makes two cookies.

Ingredients:
1/4 c. oats
1/2 scoop choc protein powder
1 tsp natural peanut butter
Cinnamon and Splenda to taste (my improvisation for Maggie Love mix)
Water, as desired (I used exactly 1/8th of a cup)

Directions:
Mix oats, protein powder, PB, spices (use whatever you wish if you don't like cinnamon), & sweetener with just enough water (about 1/8 c. or less) to make a thick batter.

Pack it into a hamburger shape and cook in a frying pan over medium heat until it is fully cooked and slightly crispy, about 4 mins per side.

Nutrition stats: Calories 85, fat 3g, carb 8g , fiber 1g, protein 9g


On my stove, it got slightly scorched at medium-heat. But stoves differ. I know I need to use a slightly lower heat.

Next time, besides more cinnamon and more Splenda, I'm gonna use vanilla protein powder and see how that tastes.

It kept me full for three hours so far (had it with water and coffee). And it's much safer than having cookies in the house. Plus, hey, fiber and protein and healthy mono fat! (The stats will differ depending what protein blend you use. I used the Melaleuca chocolate one, but I keep Designer Whey in the house and have a few sample packets of Myoplex. Use whichever has the nicest flavor for you.)

If you try it, let me know if you enjoyed it. As a cookie, I'd rate it a 3 out of 5 stars. But as a satisfying mid-afternoon snack with protein, one that killed my hunger pangs without too much caloric damage, one I had to CHEW, rather than just DRINK...I give it a tummy-happy thumbs up. (I might add some raisins next time, or walnuts.)

~

4 comments:

Heather said...

mmm that sounds yummy!

Living to Feel Good said...

Oooooo I will have to try those. I actually have that magazine here!! :)

Askazombiehousewife said...

too bad I don't have protien powder

Teale said...

Hmm, I'm not a huge fan of oatmeal, so I'll be passing on this one, but I do like the fact that it only makes 2 cookies, so you can't really go overboard!