~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, July 25, 2008

New Fave Pre-Workout Snack


I've never been a total afficionado of STARBUCKS, although I have experienced an occasional weakness for the caramel machiatto, grande size, 4 WW points, and the skinny cinnamon dolce latte, 3 WW points. I also have found my way to consuming their yumsy scones and pound cakes (the lemon is to die for). Don't wanna know the points! But I easily went weeks, even months, without paying them a visit. (Even though there are three relatively close, one of them two minutes away.) I tended to go in spurts--craving latte or macchiato for, say, three weeks, then that was it.

However, I've found their new Vivanno specialty drink in the Banana Chocolate Blend to be a real help for my workouts. I noticed that when taken as my lite meal BEFORE Pilates, that it eliminated my cramping issues. (I've had cramping every class except the one today when I drank a Vivanno with espresso pre-exercise to get the protein/carbs and caffeine that helps one during exertion and is good for my asthma.)

Must be the potassium (milk, banana).

The cocoa powder is just adding pure pleasure.

There's a Starbucks right below the Pilates studio, so that sure simplifies things. (Except it's costly, and I'm supposed to be cutting back for my motivational weight loss REWARDS!)

I drank it as my breakfast protein/fiber source, since I'm out of eggs until I get my groceries. Now I think I'm gonna make it a pre-Pilates staple and make it at home (non-fat milk, banana, bittersweet cocoa, whey protein with fiber, ice--that's the ingredients--then add a shot of espresso or drink that on the side.)

The nutritional stats:

Standard version, with 2% milk (5 WW points):
270 calories
2.5 of saturated fat
21 grams of protein
6 grams of fiber
28 grams of sugars

If you sub non-fat milk, it's gonna be 4 WW points, since you eliminate all but .5 grams of fat.

This new offering is a winner for me. Thanks, Starbucks.

Note: I'm not as thrilled about the Mango-Orange-Banana one, but it's sweeter and that might appeal to some who find the Chocolate Banana's sweetness too restrained.

Enjoy.
~~~

1 comment:

butterfly said...

OMG this looks soooo delicious!! I can't wait for these to be available at the Starbucks in Montreal. Looks sooo yum and would be a great meal substitute!

Thank you for posting that!