~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, July 21, 2008

12 Week Goal-Setting?


Well, I had my lengthy bit of a reality check in my last post, onto something a bit more concrete:

Diana at Scale Junkie has left Denial, FL. She's headed toward a series of 12-week blocks of time during which she makes plans and, at the end of each 12-week block, takes measurements and is bloggily accountable.

Twelve weeks. About 3 months. A quarter-year.

It's a good block of time for short-term, achievable goals. Short enough to focus. Long enough to establish a good habit, or more than one.

If you don't believe me, check out these books that use the 12-week block for changing one's body and life:




More HERE.

I'm gonna sit down with a note pad and see if I can shape up something of a 12-week plan. If I get to it and complete it, and if I decide I want to go with it, I'll post it and, like Diana, become accountable.

Anyone else like the idea of a 12-week goal-setting, weight-tracking, measurements-taking, accountability blogging challenge? :)

And check in at amazon.com for some great deals on weight loss tomes in the Bargain Books section.

2 comments:

Angela said...

I think the 12 week goal setting is an awesome idea... I think for me right now~ I am trying to take baby steps so that I do not get discouraged but I am hoping by summer's end to be able to set up a longer goal like 12 weeks... but for now my goals are more like- "I will not have fast food for the next 3 days" ... I say whatever works!!!

Anonymous said...

I really need to start taking measurements. I want to see where I am, and hopefully I will also see the results that the scale doesn't always show! I think I am going to set up a 12 week plan too! What am I going to do? I have no idea... but I'm working on it! =)