~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Aussie-Accented Pilates

Because of my wonky immune system, I had asked my trainer, Liza, to let me know if she had something or suspected she was coming down with something, so we could either get me rescheduled or get me with another (non-germy) trainer.

Well, Monday she called. Stuffy nose. Possible "something." Suggested training with another trainer, Elise, at X, Y, or Z times. My choice.

I had a moment of distress hearing the message on my voice mail, because, well, my body is..er..complicated. I worried a different trainer wouldn't have Liza's accumulated knowledge--after four weeks of 3x a week session--of my quirks and difficulties.

But, for the first time in my life, I did NOT want to miss an exercise session. (This is so weird for me to type, the exercise hater. Hah.) I wanted my Pilates!

So, I took a 4:30 with "Elise."

Turned out I had nothing to fear. Elise was WONDERFUL. A beautiful Australian redhead with an adorable accent and a very "nurturing" sort of voice. A dancer by training, and a certified Pilates instructor, she was terrific. (I''m really impressed by the professionalism and "reformer-side" manner of these ladies.) She's so gorgeous, I'd normally be intimidated somewhat, but she's soooo niiiiice! (Y'all would love this place. People there have heart.)If you saw MOULIN ROUGE, you might have caught a glimpse of her, as she was one of the dancers in the film. (The flattest abdomen I may have ever seen, too. You could serve tea on it and not spill anything.)

She made me feel "understood" talking about her large-sized mama, how difficult it can be for us obese folks to get inside a gym. It takes some courage.

Anyway, she got me through my complete first "the hundred." I struggled. (I don't think she knew Liza had me doing halfsies with a rest break.) My breathing wasn't bad yesterday, so I got through it. By the wheeze of my lungy-lung-lungs.

Also did some new "prone" stuff on Reformer and Cadillac. All you with big boobs and big bellies know that anything face-down is, well, NOT easy. I sweated buckets.

Felt good.

Honestly, if you're ever in the Miami area, go take a private lesson at The Pilates Room. Ask with full confidence to take a class with Elise or Liza. They'll treat you right.

You'll feel good.

~~

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello,

Absolutely love your blog. How can I get in contact with you? You should have your email address on the website.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good work out session. Glad you liked the trainer.

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Hiya, Granet.
I don't put my email on the blog so as to avoid getting spam and weirdos. :) The comments on the blog go to my email account, so I get each comment as a mail.

Your blogger profile is set to private, did ya know?

Diana Swallow said...

Miami...so close yet so far. Good to know there are fabulous trainers out there. I'm so glad you had a positive experience.