~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Sparkly Factoid: Fruit Feeds Your Brain!

The reason for fruit's brain-boosting effect? It's all about the flavonoids, those amazing antioxidants that fight disease and might be one of your best defenses against cognitive decline. In a study, people who had the highest flavonoid intake performed best throughout a 10-year period on tests of verbal fluency, logical reasoning, and visual memory.

--from "Your Brain on Fruit" by RealAge.com

5 comments:

Diana Swallow said...

I love fruit! Pass the strawberries and could you dip them in chocolate along the way, dark chocolate, its good for you too ;-)

HappyBlogChick said...

So my apple a day is going to help keep me mentally sharp, eh? That's good news!

Unknown said...

I have just started a blog myself in an attempt to begin (publicly) a healthier lifestyle.

I really like your blog and definitely will enjoy reading your progress posts.

I also really like your attitude. It's strong and yet has a soft side.

Anonymous said...

just did a magazine article on brain fitness and was surprised at (OOPS) all the brain foods (hello blueberries!) I didnt get regularly.

is it time for me to do my real age? probably :)

Ive been avoiding that for years.

MizFit

Tori Leslie said...

Hi, I found you through Fat Fighters and I'm glad I did. Looks like your doing great.
Looking forward to reading more. °Ü°