~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Easter Challenge: Small Progress Continues

Well, I did have a bit of a splurge at my Saturday birthday party. Some healthful stuff--chicken fajitas, organic fresh salsa, organic fresh guacamole, whole grain tortillas (low carb), fresh fruit salad, avocado slices, fresh pineapple juice, red wine Sangria.

But I also had fried corn chips and two birthday cupcakes--one orange, one lemon--that my niece and great-niece made for me. The apple pie I baked up was finished before I could get a slice, so a small mercy for my waistline. :)

Today, Mr. Tanita says:

269.4

It's been really nice seeing the 260's on the scale. Very nice. I can officially say I did lose, and am not just doing maintenance fluctuations.

I have really been enjoying my food. More than ever. I think because I've focused on eating WELL, and really have not obsessed about calories, I am doomed to small losses, but I am blessed by really just having oral Paradise. I'm buying top-notch fruits and just sighing over the juiciness. I'm buying top-notch vegetables, and finding better dressings to bring out the flavors. Yesterday, I munched four organic mini-peppers--raw--and they were so sweet and crunchy, it was a special treat.

My hairdresser (who hadn't seen me in almost three months) noticed my hair was looking better, my eyebrows looked great (no more bald spots, beautifully filled out), and my energy was improved. My hubby is enjoying the rediscovery of my waist, and having three home-prepared meals a day (you have no idea how revolutionary that is in our household, where we used to eat everything take-out or at restaurants, practically, including breakfasts.)

I hope some of my other chronic issues can be alleviated by just eating wholesome foods.

But it's nice to have the pleasure. I think all those pre-packaged, preservative-doused, frankenfoods are convenient and, in some cases, easy to count pointswise, but they shouldn't be the mainstay of a diet. I shudder at some of those WW items (I rarely bought them even when I did WW formally) with a gazillion weird items in the ingredients list that are just not food. FOOD.

Today, I"m craving an arugula salad. I have none, and my car is at the mechanic's (since Thursday, she may be on her last legs), so I'll make do with some nice watercress. But man, I really WANT arugula.

The fact that I'm craving that and not cookies or pie or a pizza is pretty amazing.

Oh, and I was craving pizza Sunday. So, I got an organic whole wheat crust (with flax seed oil and olive oil) and made my own with part-skim mozzarella. I couldn't eat as much as if I'd ordered some large one, but I got that lovely pizza taste.

Yesterday I ate vegetarian: egg white omelette with a sliced organic tomato with olive oil for breakfast (fresh-squeezed juice and a pear on the side). And rice and beans (organic) with steamed vegetable dumplings for lunch (with a whole egg on top for protein). I had a red plum (organic) and organic vegan chocolate-covered raisins and almonds for dessert. I also made a vanilla egg cream with club soda, organic milk, and Starbuck's sugar free vanilla syrup. (Yeah, it's a fake crap food, but it's part of the "treat" factor.) That was one yummy "egg cream."

Tonight we're having cajun pork tenderloins (organic pork, organic spices) for supper. Maybe organic potatoes (mashed with organic oil and milk or baked with organic low-fat sour cream) and green beans and carrots (organic all). I've got gorgeous organic Ambrosia apples and organic Bosc pears that we can munch on for dessert.

And I"m gonna feast and enjoy it like nobody's business.

Onward and DOWNWARD...with joy and the pleasure of real food at all times!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd love to hear more about your plan. I was contemplating WW v. just eating healthy foods as well. I just worry that without some kind of limit...what if I eat 3 apples at a sitting or something?

You are an inspiration to me.

Princess Dieter aka Mir said...

Annie, you can eat fresh on WW. Pretty much avoid the super-processed stuff they push, and go with stuff that's like on the CORE plan. The CORE plan emphasizes whole grains, fruits, veggies, and lean meats, low fat dairy. All that's stuff you can buy fresh (and organic) and eat raw/partially cooked/fully cooked as needed.

The Flex plan allows this, too, but it's so focused on points, that people end up looking for those packaged foods that are 1 or 2 points rather than focusing on what's fresh and wholesome.

So, yeah. Do WW. Think about trying CORE and doing it as fresh as you can. :)

Best of luck,
The Princess

Diana Swallow said...

260's sound like a glorious place I'd like to visit!!

Anonymous said...

Come on down, Madame Scale Junkie. We'll eat apples and strawberries together. :D

The Princess

Heather said...

hooray for the 60s!! congrats on getting there. I also think its so wonderful that you are enjoying what you eat. that is so key to losing weight and keeping it off.

Naturally Blessed said...

oral paradise.......yummmmm....i definitely haven't had any oral paradise in a while....i miss cooking. i miss having my own kitchen.

you make everything sound so delicious!

Chubby Chick said...

Sounds like you are doing great on so many levels! Good for you! :)

Anonymous said...

this made me laugh:
Starbuck's sugar free vanilla syrup. it's a fake crap food,

I lvoe me some fakecrapfood!

Anonymous said...

The best way to progress is to think about losing 10 pounds a month. If you can just focus for one hour a day 5 days a week you can lose this weight fast. It is better to go ahead and get it over with than to go back and forth.

Lady Bug said...

I'm sure many people can relate, thanks for sharing! Would love to feature you on Wellsphere.com, a site that helps people to live healthier. Can't find a contact form so thought I'd comment; look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Larisa