~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Scale Tale: More Progress for Princess Snail Dieter...

I'm happy to report in for this week's challenge weigh-in. Another week with loss. Yippee!

Today, Mr. Tanita says:

273.2


It's been three months since the challenge began (in September), and my total loss (ignoring the part that went up and had to come down again) was only 6.8 pounds. Clearly, I am NOT that competitive, huh?

It's true. I haven't challenged myself very much. Some days, some weeks, I was lucky to hold steady. Others, I went sliding backwards on a trail of gravy.

However, we're in the midst of the holidays, and what I gained during the Thanksgiving holiday splurges and presurgical face-stuffing is gone. And I haven't gained during the busy shopping, prepping week. I feel good about that.

But I still feel bad about slacking so much. I'm nowhere near my challenge goal.

Still, I choose to focus on progress overall, and that's a simple fact: I'm looking to end this year lighter than I ended last. And I'll end the year lighter than I started it. That's a gain.

So, while I suck at the competitive thing, I'm happy to not have caved in and given up (as I have in the past). It's been three months of irregular adherence to my own healthy eating and weight loss guidelines for this challenge, but I'm still here.

And it's been 7 months since I started this blog, and I'm 15.8 pounds lighter (as of today) then I was back in May.

This gives me hope, a lot of hope, that I can continue to learn, retrain, and move forward in 2008.

Nothing better than ending the year with progress and starting a new one with hope.

To all my fatfighting buddies: YOU ROCK! Thanks for the good words through the past months. I look forward to being your encourager--and being encouraged--during the months to come.

May these sacred and joyful days fill us up so much with love and memories and dreams that we don't need to stuff on junk.

Onward and DOWNWARD!

3 comments:

Mom said...

LOL, the competition is between us and ourselves, that's my thought. I see the whole thing as taking place right between my ears and everyone else in the challenge is there to provide inspiration and feedback. Luckily feedback is no-cal!!

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

You are doing great! The overall progress is in the right direction and at this time of the year, that's pretty hard. So congrats on staying in the fight and keeping yourself accountable. MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Path to Health

Heather said...

Great job your loss!! I wish you the best of luck in 2008 and I know you will be able to meet your goals.