~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Keeping Holiday Stress (and Year-End Weight) Down


Diet Blog has a good article about managing the stress that comes along with the holidays--and we know what stress makes some of us do, don't we?--which I recommend y'all read.

I especially found valuable the part about analyzing self-talk and spotting our own exaggerations. Oh, yeah. I'm prone to that! That particular bit of advice meshes well with the BECK METHOD stuff I've been reading/applying.

2 comments:

Honi said...

self talk is the greatest tool we have or the worst I think.. when the self talk is postive and motivating its great.. but when that shedevil appears.. and tears you limb from limb well... then its bad.. i prefer the good stuff..

Heather said...

that is very true. the more we tell ourselves positive and uplifting things, the better we will feel and deal with stress.