~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Friday, May 11, 2007

DragonFire Factoid:
Soy's Bad for Your Thyroid

Isoflavones belong to the flavonoid or bioflavonoid family of chemicals, and are considered endocrine disruptors -- plants or other products that act as hormones, disrupting the endocrine system, and in some cases, this disruption involves acting as an anti-thyroid agent. (The grain millet, for example, contains high levels of flavonoids, and is commonly known as problematic for thyroid function). Flavonoids inhibit thyroid peroxidase (TPO), which disturbs proper thyroid function.

--Mary Shomon

1 comment:

Jessica McNeal said...

My doctor ran me some tests and I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. My doctor gave some dietary supplements like desiccated bovine thyroid . A couple of weeks later, I felt like i had my life back.