~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Thursday, October 30, 2008

What's That On My Arm?

Yesterday, I was reclining on the couch in the evening, just reading a magazine, and I reached up absent-mindedly to scratch my arm.

I felt something odd.

I hitched up my sleeve, looked down, felt around, wondering, "What the heck was that I just felt?"

I mean, I'm middle-aged. Visions of cancer are always in the periphery.

False alarm.

It was... a muscle.

Stop laughing.

Okay, go ahead. Chuckle. I did.

I'm not used to having muscles. Nearly four months of Pilates, and I have fricken BICEPS MUSCLES. I have muscles--all hard under the too generous flesh--in my thighs. My abdomen has hard bits under the flab.

Interesting.

~

6 comments:

SeaShore said...

Haha! That's awesome. Yea for burgeoning muscles!

Anonymous said...

small laugh BIGGGGGER CHEER!!

WWSuzi said...

Great NSV!! It's great when something like that happens :) I remember being at work one day and putting my hands on my hips and they kept sliding off and i couldn't figure out why and then it dawned on me, i've lost my hips!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, gals.

And Suzi, I hope I can say that about my BELLY sometime next year. :D Whoa, where'd it go?? :)

The P

Chrissie said...

Yay for muscles.

Vickie said...

I felt this way when my hip bones resurfaced again.