~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, January 21, 2008

Easter Challenge Weigh-In: YOIKS!

I'm definitely still in the doldrums. Slept 17 hours (from yesterday 5pm yesterday to 10 am) today. I made a nice spinach and zucchini lasagna for supper and never got to taste it. (Will have it for lunch today, I guess.)

I do feel a slight lightening in my mind (I got two ideas for poems, and I hadn't had a flash of inspiration for many, many weeks) and a plot point got cleared up in my novel-in-progress. That my brain is working again (a bit) is a good sign. The mood may follow.

But while my brain may be "lightening", my body is not. The lack of activity (serious lack) and a persistent craving for salt (cheese, especially) has taken a toll:

272.6


Okay, not a huge upward swing--1.6 pounds--but enough to concern me as I should be much lower to meet my target for month's end (ie 269).

So, a backwards step. Oh, well.


I gotta keep the long haul perspective. And talk a little more forcefully at those cheese cravings. MmmmMmmmm. Cheese.

Enough of that. Back to that long-haul perspective thing...

When seen that way--from something of a distance--I've stuck with food consciousness and weighing in much, much longer than any time in the past. NOrmally, by the three month mark, I was out of there and regaining fast. If what I want is permanent change, then it starts with making it a lifelong effort--constant, persistent--and not sporadic cutbacks with inevitable regains. Honestly, if I end up with net losses every year, it's a win. Setbacks, notwithstanding. I'm not in a superrush. That never helped me.

I guess this is why I'm not unduly upset. Crap happens. All is forgiven. Move on. (Thanks, Our Lady of Weight Loss. That's one of my most favorite sayings now.)

On the plus side: I signed up for an organic foods delivery this week. It's pricey, but it's meant to supplant regular grocery shopping (where I choose some organic, most not). This place only sells organic fruits, veggies, herbs, meats, dairy, canned and frozen products. Even clothing and toys and cosmetics, etc. They have a very good green profile--trying to leave as small an environmental footprint as they can being a company. If I like them, I'll try to fit the higher organic cost into my diet.

This means a lot of produce is coming my way today, as well as low-fat organic cheese and organic chicken breasts and beef and some pork chops (hubby is a pork freakasoid). I want to make Cuban style "old clothes" (ie, Ropa Vieja, a popular dish) with the beef and organic peppers, onions, and tomato sauce. I hope having good stuff stocked up will help next week's weigh-in be a progressive one. :)

To all who are struggling on with the good fatfight, I salute you. Sorry that I haven't been very active. I just am going through a not-so-great phase. It will pass. It always does.

Onward and DOWNward!

6 comments:

Chubby Chick said...

I couldn't report a loss this week, either! Hopefully next week we'll have better numbers to post!

I hope you feel better soon! I know it's no fun to have the blues. I've been thinking of you and sending best wishes your way! :)

Heather said...

hey at least you can look at what you have been doing and eating lately and know why the sc ale is up. and its barely up! sure we all want to see a loss, but thats not a very big gain, so now take TWO steps forward!!

Teale said...

I'm really concerned about how lethargic you've been lately! I hope everything is all right!

*ccc* said...

Oh Your Highness...I dare say we have ALL been there (And as a writer myself, I can so attest to how much it STINKS when inspiration is nowhere to be found!!!)

But I love the idea of having organic meals delivered--I think it will help. ANd I had to chuckle at the "Old Clothes" reference...one of my coworkers was having it today for lunch and I had to use all my self-control not to roll my eyes at her tiny size-2 frame. I miss my abuela's ropa vieja, but sheesh...I know much oil she puts in it. Not. Good!

Hang in there and keep moving forward! Big hugs!

Bronwyn Schweigerdt said...

I'm sorry to hear you're at such a low place. As a nutritionist and fellow woman, I'm especially concerned about all these numbers on your blog. Why all the weights and BMI's - all the counting and listing and goaling? Surely you know you are worth infinately more than the sum of these numbers? Personally, I don't use a scale and find measurements annoying at best.

If you're really serious about losing weight, you need to focus on fiber. It's almost that simple. Please visit my nutrition blog for exactly how simple it can be.

Blessings,
Bronwyn

Diana Swallow said...

I go through the ups and down too. Believe me when I say you are not alone. I'm trying to fight it hard by doing anything other than eating. I'm tackling spring cleaning today...yeah in January! I figure I'll have better things to do once spring actually gets here like shop for clothes in a smaller size! I hope your mood lifts soon!! Big hugs coming your way!!!

Diana