~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, July 5, 2010

The Sleep Factor, Confirmed Yet Again and Today's Food

I think a couple of times in the past three years, I've posted about how I do better on the scale when I sleep well and sufficiently (ie, 8+ hours). I find that the combination of morbid obesity and peri-and-menopause had caused me to have BAD SLEEP, when prior to this combo, I tended to sleep easily and well. Not so the last couple years. Sleep apnea and hormonal chaos really did a job on my ability to sleep deeply and adequately and, really, at any time. I used to be able to nap like a cat--at will.

But I had a lovely catch-up on lost sleep and the scale was nice for a peek weigh-in: 261.0   New low...again.

I hope I can somehow get my sleep back on track, but that usually means back to "vampire time" (ie sleeping days, awake nights), but I don't want to do that. I'm struggling to stay on daylight hours, but this makes life so much easier, if not Zs.

I had breakfast of pomodoro omelette (Diet To Go version), which is a high protein egg mixture firmly cooked with a creamy spinach and marinara sort of sauce combo with some asparagus on side. I cooked up a bunch of spinach with EVOO to up my veggie count and had some coconut water and coffee. Oh, and a slice of rye toast with Smart Balance spread. I had three pieces of avocado sushi with wasabi and pickled ginger for a snack.

For my next meal, I ordered vegetable pad thai with steamed veggies side order (cabbage, carrots, pea pods broccoli, squash). Hubby wanted cashew chicken (which he ate for early supper), and my pad thai is waiting for nuking when I'm hungry.

4 comments:

Catherine F. said...

I know what you mean about the sleep! What I find is that if I'm tired I tend to make poor food choices as I can't be stuffed! I've got Brauer Sleep and Insomnia relief and it works well for me most of the time (it's a homoeopathic remedy). Congrats on the new low!

Fat Girl vs. World said...

When i don't sleep well, I'm a cranky bitch. It's advantageous to just about everyone that I get a good night's sleep.

I find if I don't get enough sleep my energy level is down and my vulnerability levels are up -- i'm more prone to eat badly or to drink booze.

Diminishing Lucy said...

I totally hear you on the sleep thing.

Have you tried self guided hypnotherapy?

I wrote some stuff about weight loss and sleep here - might be useful?

Diminishing Lucy: The sleep before midnight.....

Karen said...

Congratulations on your loss! :)

It's been a long while since I've gotten a decent night's sleep - it's gotten to the point where I'm used to it in a weird sort of way. Plus I'm a night owl, which doesn't help matters.

By the way, your meals always look and 'read' delicious!