~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Monday, August 27, 2007

Why Wait For Motivation? aka Just Do It

The Pasta Queen--that amazing transforming woman (see the pics)--had a good piece about motivation in her archives. Here's a taste of "Motivation Schmotivation":

Maybe the reason so many people wait so long to eat better or exercise is because they are waiting to get motivated. When you hear about people's weight loss stories you expect to hear about the time they had a huge revelation that kicked them in the fat pants. You want to hear about the time they couldn't fit in the roller coaster or the time their uncle died from heart disease. But why wait until you've wasted $40 bucks on an amusement park ticket or you're buying huge black pants for a funeral? You know what you need to do, so do it. We often wait for motivation to find us, but we need to go out and find motivation. It's doubtful that you will get to the bottom of that pint of ice cream and find the message "You need to lose weight" written on the bottom.


I offer this snippet, because I'm one of those people who sits around waiting for motivation, inspiration, etc. No wonder I sit so much. Instead, I need to get up and run the sucker down until I grab him by the neck!

1 comment:

FatBlokeThin said...

Good point well presented as they say!

Never really that easy though is it? Humans are mostly creatures of habit and to brake destructive patterns is psychologically VERY difficult for some people. I should know..lol!

Best of luck.