~

~

~

~

I HAVE MOVED! My main blog as of Sept of 2010 is TWO YEARS TO HAPPY WEIGHT AFTER. Visit me there. My post links in the updates below will link up to the new blog. THANKS for reading!

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

The Doctor Calls and The Princess Frowns



My doctor's office called a few minutes ago. My lab results are "off" in a couple of areas (cholesterol; liver), so she wanted to see me. I made an appointment for Friday.

Tomorrow, I see the endocrinologist. She has the same lab results (or should), so I'll find out the bad news.

I think I'm feeling suddenly re-MOTIVATED.

Scary news does that, huh?

I used to be on a statin drug for cholesterol for a couple of years, but it was damaging my muscles and liver, so I got off it over a year ago. Since then, the cholesterol has gone up some, but not horrendously so. I guess it got much worse. Dang.

The liver has had "off" tests on and off. When I was at my highest, it was in bad shape. When I lost some weight, it got back in normal range. The cholesterol drug messed it up; ceasing the Rx helped. But an ultrasound a couple years ago showed I had a really fatty liver. No surprise. When you're as fat as I am, the liver takes a hit.

Oh, well. I guess health has just taken priority one...

No comments: